The General Meeting of the Pennsylvania Forward Party was held on Monday, July 24, 2023. You can view the recording of the meeting on Youtube at:
- This meeting featured the upcoming one-year anniversary of the Forward Party. On Thursday July 27, 2023, the national Forward Party will be hosting an anniversary webinar that is open to everyone. You can register for this event at:
- There are two big announcements in our state coming up in August. The first is scheduled for August 10th in Philadelphia. The second is on August 17th in Pittsburgh
- Team Reports
- Communications—We now have a monthly newsletter. If you would like to write a column, please contact us.
- Candidate Research—An important deadline is coming up on August 1st. We are working to get a few candidates on the ballot & we might have an opportunity in two races.
- Organizing—an order was placed for table banners & feather flags & they should be in by the end of the week.
- Finance/Fundraising—We are working through our strategic plan & how we are going to pay for everything. We have engaged a very reputable law firm that has agreed to take us pro bono. They are going to help us establish ourselves as a legal entity. Once that is done, we can open our own checking account, set up our own website, and establish our own budgets.
- Regional Updates
- Southeast—The Southeast team did a tabling event in Bucks County for North Hampton Days.
- Capitol—Their regional meetings are currently the 2nd Monday of every month. The Capitol team is tentatively planning to attend Hanover Pride this weekend.
- Southwest—We have our regional calls on the second Wednesday of the month.
- The regional leaders for the Central Highlands & the Northeast Regions were absent for this call.
- We are still looking for a Regional leader in the Northwest/Erie area. We encourage anyone who is interested in helping us develop this key area of the Commonwealth to contact us. (This could even be on an interim basis).
- Strategic Plan Committee—We have been working on a priorities poll where we asked people in our communities what issues they care about. A recent national poll came out that asked a similar question & we compared their results to our own.
- We will be changing things up for the August meeting. It will be a townhall style event to celebrate an anniversary for our own Pennsylvania Forward Party.
Do you like this page?