Check out this newsletter on our Rhode Island Forwardist Substack HERE.
I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to introduce you to an exciting new political movement that aims to redefine the political landscape in Rhode Island: The Rhode Island Forward Party.
Who We Are
The Rhode Island Forward Party is a uniquely different kind of political party. We are not tied to rigid platforms or talking points handed down from a centralized national organization. Instead, we focus on solutions rather than party affiliations, pulling the best ideas from both sides of the aisle to propose common-sense, rational, and achievable solutions
- Collaboration: We strive for collaborative solutions that build upon common ground.
- Bottom-Up Approach: We empower leaders to find solutions that work in their communities.
- Inclusivity: We welcome diverse thinking and encourage civic participation.
- Affordability: We believe housing, water, energy, and connectivity are human rights.
- Sustainability: We focus on renewable energy and ocean sustainability.
What Sets Us Apart
- Ranked-Choice Voting: We advocate for measures like Ranked-Choice Voting (RCV), open primaries, and support for independent candidates.
- Transparency: We are committed to ethical, innovative, and transparent governance.
- Community Engagement: We hold regular virtual and in-person meetings and events to engage with the community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this party affiliated with any national organization?
No, we are an independent entity. We are on a long-term path to affiliating with the Forward national organization, but we are committed to maintaining our directional autonomy as a state party in this arrangement.
How can I get involved?
You can attend our weekly virtual meetings and monthly in-person meetings. We also hold events at least once per quarter. For more information, please visit ForwardParty.com/rhode_island or email us at [email protected].
What are the party's main areas of focus?
We have three main focus areas currently:
- Increasing awareness of the Forward Party in Rhode Island and growing our base of support in local communities.
- Cementing our organizational processes and progressing on the path to affiliation with the Forward national organization.
- Advocating on behalf of ranked-choice voting (RCV) in Rhode Island, starting with presidential primary elections as a pilot.
We are making progress Forward by:
- Using Basecamp to streamline our team communication & project management operations
- Energizing our team with a draft affiliation document for review as we progress towards becoming an official party entity in RI
- Achieving full transparency for fundraising efforts and spending in our state via the national Forward Party providing a dashboard of all transactions
- Building alliances with Ocean State RCV (Ranked Choice Voting) and working to bring a Braver Angels chapter to RI
- Launching a Letter to the Editor campaign to bring the Forward message to all Rhode Islanders
- Consolidating our social media platform communication cadence for continued presence and animation
We invite you to join us, regardless of your party affiliation or ideological leanings, in shaping a future that uplifts each and every one of us. Your input, aspirations, and dreams are invaluable as we build a Rhode Island that shines as a beacon of progress, compassion, and opportunity.
For more information, please visit ForwardParty.com/rhode_island or email us at [email protected].
Thank you for your time, and we look Forward to embarking on this journey of progress with you.
Do you like this page?