Illinois Forward believes a fiscally sound state government is a prerequisite for a thriving economy. We define fiscally sound as including:
- A balanced state’s budget, eliminating the bill backlog, and building up the Budget Stabilization Fund balance;
- “Hold harmless” pension reform to help eliminate the state's unfunded pension liability and to secure the retirements of pensioners.
- Lowering administration costs of our 850+ school districts by responsibly prioritizing the classroom.
- Spending caps that link expenditure growth to the growth of the economy.
- Bringing government worker benefit costs in line with the private sector and supporting policy and legislation consistent with this definition.
Do you like this page?