The Forward Party is about to pilot street teams in nine states and territories: California, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Texas, Michigan, New York, Washington, DC and Rhode Island. This pilot program will begin simple: volunteers will receive training and then, with the guidance of a team captain, hand out literature and begin conversations with people on street corners. But this street team pilot program will set the foundation for the Forward Party's field operation nationwide: this will set the groundwork for tabling at festivals and fairs, canvassing door-to-door, and gathering signatures to petition onto the ballot in a variety of states and communities. Your feedback in this process will be instrumental in setting the groundwork for the future of our party.
You do not need to have prior street team or canvassing experience. That said, you definitely do need:
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to start conversations with complete strangers
- Patience while we iron the wrinkles in the first version of the program
- A free 2-4 hours on a weekend, a couple times a month
- A willingness to offer constructive feedback about how to improve the program.
If you're interested in joining a street team, submit your information using this form.